Sunday, July 27, 2008

While the big boys are away

Eric, Ty & Cali left for their road trip to Minnesota last Friday. Although it has been quieter without them & I miss them to pieces I have enjoyed my time with Mason & Luke. Julie has made it especially fun & joined us on all of our adventures. Sunday morning we all went up the tram, did a mile hike & had lunch. The boys did great on the hike and enjoyed seeing the fat squirrels lurking under the lunch tables. They are a bit too used to people if you ask me, I was just waiting for the next episode of 'When Animals Attack'.
A little rest during the hike.
On Saturday we took the boys to the Children's Discovery Museum, they would go there every day if they could, they love it!
On Friday night Julie, Tash & her kids came over for dinner, swim & I put candles in their yogurt and we sang Happy Birthday to Zach & Zoe. I am lucky to have such great girlfriends.

Road trip update: They camped in the rain in Utah on Friday night, stayed at a lovely (I am being a bit facetious) hotel in Idaho Springs CO on Saturday and then went white water rafting on Sunday. They spent Sunday night in Nebraska and lucky for Ty so did a 7 year old baseball team so it was super fun in the pool. They got to Minn on Monday night and went up to Lake Howard yesterday (Northern Minn by Leech Lake) with Tony & his lab. Ty has since caught about 300 sunny's off the dock and is waiting to catch the bit one!!

No comments: