Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Family Date

One of my most favorite things happened on Monday night-we had family date dinner!! My boys took me to MakiMaki at the River for a late Mother's Day dinner. The boys were all so good, it gave me a little sliver of hope that we can start going out as a family again. I remember with Ty there was that certain time frame that taking him to any sort of restaurant was not a good idea, and trying to keep two little 2 year old booties in their chairs is a bit harder....but I see the light at the end of the 2 year old tunnel. Now I just have to wonder how long 'MY do it' and 'why?' are going to last!! Since Mason learned to swim a few weeks ago his favorite new phrase (along with stripping down as soon as someone is paying attention to him or someone new walks in the room) is 'my go fimming!' and a meltdown may occur if the answer is no. There has been lots of 'fimming'.
'Hey Ty, give your brothers a hug!'


I never thought I would have the pride I do at watching my five year old learn. He was practicing yesterday and loves to show off. I'm not too sure of the coincidence of 'mom' & 'fat' being next to each other, must have been a mix up!!

No comments: