Friday, August 19, 2011

The rest of the week in Chicago!

Wednesday I went out to Wheaton to meet my sweet friend Sue and her boyfriend Tracy.  We had a great time catching up at lunch and I really enjoyed meeting Tracy, they are good together.  If only my boys had behaved a bit better.....

Next off to the Popcorn Shop where I would ride my bike to as a kid to get candy.  We stocked up and got some of my fave corn and headed to the movies. 

A short stop at a park in Glen Ellyn before the movies.  It was such a beautiful day I wanted to spend more time outside.

That night we headed down to the beach after dinner and met my high school friend Cherie, her husband Brian and their 3 adorable kids!!!

Kennedy, cutest thing ever!!!

Me and Cher and our 6 kids.  Ty and Davis became fast buds bonding over skateboarding and stuff.  

Thursday morning my dad and I took the boys to Shedd Aquarium for some sea adventures.  

I have always loved the Beluga whales. 

The beautiful Buckingham Fountain.

Ty and I headed to the make up Cubs/Nationals game on a gorgeous Thursday afternoon.

4th row seats behind the visitors, could not have asked for better seats or better company!!!  We had so much fun together, got lots of treats and stayed through to see the Cubs win and sing 'Go Cubs Go'.  I love Wrigley.


Ty wanted to take the 'L' home from the game and the station was packed so we stopped for a quick drink.  

Friday we met up with Cher and her family again for a trip to the skatepark.  It never gets boring for boys who love to skate.

And when I say fast buddies, like Davis wanting Ty to come spend the weekend and Ty asking if Davis can come live with us for 2 months.

Kennedy had some fun bashing up the big kids and the little boys and Lucy played patiently waiting for them to skate it up. 

Friday we met Jill, her nephew Jake and Monika at Lincoln Park Zoo.



What a great week!!!  And even better, we get to go back in November for Jill's wedding!!!  Can't wait!

No comments: