Sunday, April 3, 2011

Family Weekend in San Diego!!

We got to escape the heat and go check out San Diego the last day of Spring Break.  We hit up the Wild Animal Park in Escondido first since we have memberships.  It is such a cool park, lots of open spaces and lots of stuff to keep kids entertained!




Then on to Downtown SD where we stayed at the Hyatt across the street from Seaport Village.  Ty checked in with me and very sweetly asked for the highest room and we got it, 31st floor with views of SD, Coronado and the ocean.  Lovely and not a cloud in the sky!!!





We had a great dinner at the Fish Market and the kids were wonderful,  the kind of wonderful every parent wants and gets complimented by others around us!!  Even the long day and 1/2 hour wait didn't make them crabby!!!

Saturday morning we went to the Midway, the kids have been asking to do this every time we come down here so this time we did, although I wish we would have had my dad here to make things more interesting and answer some of the questions the kids had that we couldn't!!  They loved every minute and hurried from exhibit to exhibit to check them all out.  2 hours was not enough for them!

Ty got into the Jr. Midway program listening to descriptions, trying things out and answering the questions. 

Luke doing his Top Gun impressing and Eric looking super excited!!

They loved this part.

My Top Guns. 

A favorite San Diego event for us, the pedi-cabs.

We ended Saturday night with a bbq at the Posa's with her brother and his family visiting from England.  Hopefully I'll get more pics in the next few weeks of their adorable kids.  This is 6 month old Daisy, she has learned very quickly where to hang out during a bbq!!!  Labs are the smartest!!!

1 comment:

Larinda said...

I love family weekends. I love San Diego. I especially love when your own children are "that kind of good"! Mostly, I love the smile that this whole post put on my face.