Tuesday, July 28, 2015

San Diego Family Reunion, Part 1

My parents rented a house in Rancho Santa Fe last week that was big enough for them, my family and both of my sister's families.  There was 18 of us in all! Luke and Mason met Wes for the first time and all the cousins had a blast together. 

They loved the pool with the waterslide and jacuzzi, hours of fun spent in there.

Dinner night 1, kids table.

Adults in the formal room.

Mason doesn't see snails very often and loved 'playing' with them.

We surprised my dad after dinner with 75 things that remind me and my sisters of him in honor of his 75th birthday.  The range of things was pretty awesome and the kids had some ideas too.  

A few things:  Pilsner Urquell, Raki, Garrett's popcorn, peanuts, black licorice, a program from our church growing up, chap stick, a score card from the golf course he played when we were growing up....you get the idea.  It was a huge success and we all joined in the fun. 

Eric and Drew.

This was one of my faves, he always wore an old brown leather jacket to do the yard work in the fall and when he moved he bequeathed it to our neighbor that I went to high school with, he always commented on that jacket!

The view from the second story balcony.

Sunday morning my sis's and I hit the beach in Del Mar with a few kiddos and the rest went for a falconry lesson.  


The only granddaughter and quite the princess.


Mason and Luke chose to go get a 'falconry' lesson in Torrey Pines with my dad and cousins Joel and Drew.  



They loved it and talked about it quite a bit.  On our hike the next day we got to hear all about how they regurgitate the bones of their prey.  

No comments: