Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mauna Kea, Hawaii with my SISTER!!!

Last week I got the amazing opportunity to join my sister Melissa as her guest at her presidents club for her company.  It was unfortunate her husband could not go but I'm so lucky she chose me for her date.  We had not seen each other for 18 months so it was a major treat for both of us. We met in San Fran and landed in Kona with smiles.  Most people asked if we were sisters, a few asked if we were twins.

With the time change we were up and out the door every morning at 6am.   This is our sunrise balcony pic from day 1.

Breakfast overlooking the ocean. 

It was so unbelievably beautiful, my pictures do not do any of it justice. 


Wednesday was a welcome dinner for the company, they do everything top notch.



Day 2 we all went on catamarans snorkeling and then to a beach party. 

We did a glass bottom boat with some others and called ourselves the geek squad, we asked so many questions. 

My beautiful sis.

Yep, geeks. On Friday we did a Zodiac tour and it was amazing. We went 6 miles out and saw sharks, dolphins, fish and a pod of pilot whales.  I was not too keen on getting in the water but I did and it was so cool....I was the first one back in the boat though. 

Not too bad for a Thursday.

Friday night they had a great dinner again and Hawaiian games.  I nailed the spear throw. 



We did a wonderful hike on Saturday morning.


Saturday for lunch we went up to the golf course and got our men some cool shirts and had a great seafood lunch and some fab wine.

I could not stop taking pics of the view, no matter where I was.

Saturday night was the gala dinner.  They did such a fab job, so pretty and such a fun night. 

Our last sunrise.

I'm a dork. 

My last balcony pic.  We spent lots of time chilling out chatting and reading here. 

One of my fave sunset pics. 


The pilot wales.  It was just so amazing, I wish my pictures could do it justice.  The time spent with my sister was just the BEST and everything else just icing on the cake. We laughed so hard we cried so many times.  I love her so much and the opportunity she gave me to spend the time with her. I'm a lucky girl. Love you Miss! xxoo

1 comment:

MelissaB said...

One of my colleagues said "how lucky for your sister that you are taking her on this trip, but even better how lucky for you that you have a sister that you picked to take with you". I could not agree more. What an amazing trip, my favorite was just spending time together, being silly and laughing. Thank you for being my plus one! I love you. XOXO