Thursday, June 14, 2012

The mighty mighty Indians

Ty played on an awesome team this year.  Sure I didn't think it was that awesome when he had 4 hour Sunday morning practices but he got so much better this year and his team was so much fun.  All year Coach said every game was practice for tournament.  And tournament rolled around this year to a weekend in the 110's degrees. 

We won our two games on Saturday. Ty got to pitch a few inning and did really good.  Lots of rules as to how many inning a pitcher can pitch, etc, needless to say I learned a lot about baseball this year too.  

Sunday we played at 8 and lost (double elimination so we went to loser bracket)  We played at 10 and won so we played the undefeated team at 12 that had beat us at 8.  Now it's about 110 and these boys are hot, tired and hungry.  We won our 12 game and pumped the boys with pedialyte and moved on to the championship game at 2, and we won!!!!  The boys were so very excited and Coach even had a tear in his eye.  

The Champs.

Mr Excitement.

Coach promised to take everyone to Knott's Soak City if we got to the championship game and since we did and then went on to win he went all out.  I think Eric and the boys and I ended up spending 7 1/2 hours there.  I went on more waterslides that one day then I have combined every other time I have gone.  It was so fun.

Eric got a plaque and hug for assistant Coach.

The team, I told Coach next time, get bigger trophies....

#1

Can't wait for next year!!!

No comments: