Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chicago Friends

Ty & I just got back from a lovely, fun, busy trip to Chicago. We had a blast!! Before I even got there on Thursday he had been to see Speed Racer (bad weather changed some outdoor plans my parents had), gone to Six Flags Great America & got to go to an animal park. Lucky kid. On Friday night I spent the night in the city with some of my best college girlfriends-Jill, Monika & Gina (we really missed you other two- Jill & Katie!!!). We got to do some of my most favorite things-shop, eat, talk, shop.... It was so much fun spending time with them. Extra thanks to Jill for the wonderful hospitality as usual. How fun to live in the city a few blocks from great shopping, eating, the lake. It is always so fun to go home.
My fave city from Ty's vantage point in the back seat. He took a few of the side of the tollway too to show Daddy how pretty Chicago is, they didn't make the cut.

Before I could get one foot in the door on Thursday Ty had to show me his new purchase. He was so excited over an umbrella, guess that's what happens when kids don't see many of these!! I wonder what would have happened if he would have seen a riding lawn mower, or even more exciting-a snow blower!!!

On Saturday I met one on my best friends from high school at MacDonald's (once again that dang threat of rain kept us inside). Cherie & Brian have the most beautiful kids- Davis 6, Lucy 4 (whom I think has a bit of a crush on Ty) and Kennedy 1. The kids had so much fun yelling, running, (mostly from Lucy because Brian told the boys if she touched them they would turn into ballerinas & have to do a dance) and eating. It was a perfect place for Cherie and I to catch up. Two years without seeing each other is way too long!
Little Kennedy.


No comments: