Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend in Denver with my Sis.

For my birthday my sister Miss wanted us to go  on a little girls weekend wherever I wanted.  We chose Denver due to 6 kids between us and busy schedules and it being a quick flight for both of us.  I have to say, I LOVE Denver. 

She booked the flights, the amazing room at the Ritz in Denver, a great location, and the rental car.  She even went into Fetch planning mode with the food and shopping, we are totally related. I felt like a princess and have to say I have the best sis ever!!

It was totally cloudy and rainy and COLD on Friday and Saturday but I can say as a Desert Rat, I really enjoyed it.  We went to some really cool bars/brewery's on Friday night, on Saturday we had a great breakfast with a friend of hers and her super cute baby then shopped all day.  Saturday night we with to The Kitchen Community for dinner, very hip and yummy and Sunday did more of the same.  Being a beer lover, it does not get much better than Denver.     



Sunday dawned chilly and sunny and 29 degrees.  We walked 2.5 miles to a farmers market then back.  It was wonderful.  I could have walked all day looking at the parks and beautiful houses done up for fall.

On Sunday when the clouds cleared we did get some proof we were near mountains. 

The drive back to the airport was bittersweet.  Laughing, loving each other's company and knowing it will be a while before we see each other again.  Anyone who has a sister is the luckiest girl in the world, I know I am.  Love you Miss!!!! Thank you for making my birthday present something we can both enjoy and remember forever!!xxoo

No comments: