Tuesday, May 15, 2012

64 hours in Chicago

This past weekend I went to Chicago to see my college roommate Monika get married.  Jill sent me some of her pictures, this is Jill and I at the the reception.

Monika married Bobby, a perfect fit for both of them, married at Old Saint Mary's Church in the south Loop, a beautiful wedding on a beautiful day.

Jill, Jill and me.  Love them.

In the cab, wedding ready.  I had such a great time staying with Jill, as always.  Dinner Thursday night at Cafe BaBaReba, getting pretty and the wedding on Friday, shopping, margaritas and a movie on Saturday.  Wonderful weekend. 

The Chicago Bean.  We had some time between the wedding and reception so 8 of us headed to a bar right below the bean for some in-between time.  A perfect day in the city.

The reception was on the 80th floor at the Mid-America Club downtown with perfect views heading south.  I loved the view and took pictures of the changing city lights.  I love Buckingham Fountain. 



A bit out of order but waiting for me when I got into the airport were 3 very handsome young boys with a beautiful bunch of flowers and lots of hugs and kisses.....and a few 'what did you get us????'

Jill, Katie, Jill, me & Julie at the Park Grill in-between the fun.  

I have to end by saying I love these girls so much and I don't get to see them enough, a weekend just makes me miss them that much more.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking great care of my boys and making a fantastic reception for me to come home to.  I am blessed in so many ways by my family and the friends I have made.  

No comments: