Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Campers

We took the boys & Cali on a one night camping trip to Idyllwild. It is so beautiful up there, leaves changing, crisp weather, pretty lake....This was Mason & Luke's 1st camp and I think it was a success. They loved their sleeping bags, woke up a bit hanging off the air mattress due to the fact we were on a bit of a slope, loved roasting marshmallows, walking around the lake, the tent, but...the chilly morning-not so much!! It was 40 degrees when we got up and they wanted nothing to do with camping once they ventured out of the tent. We had to start the car, put on the heat & a movie while Eric & I packed everything up. Everything considered, they can't wait to do it again.

Cali enjoying a swim.




They found a spot with lots of leaves and made a perfect pile for jumping. One of my favorite activities in the fall growing up and unfortunately one the boys miss out on since palm fronds are not so abundant on the ground or soft for jumping.

Happy Campers.


Chilly chilly night!!! At 8:30 the boys decided they were ready for bed (I think the novelty of the tent was calling them) so we put them to bed and Eric and I enjoyed the night. It was so great to sit & talk without phones, TV, computer or pending chores to think about!! I really enjoyed all my boys this weekend.

No comments: